Monetising The Hottest Youth Insights, Behaviours & Social Media Trends For Impactful, Profitable, Content-Led Marketing Campaigns To Engage Youth & Students
Trends & Behaviours • Hot Social Media Trends • Digital Channel Mix • Emerging Platforms & New Opportunities • Snapchat • Harnessing Instagram • Higher Education & University Engagement • Impactful Influencers • Creating Engaging Content • Targeting & Advertising • Compelling Video Content • Measuring Engagement & ROI
The UK’s Biggest One-Day, Brand-Focused Youth & Student Marketing Conference. 4 Years Leading The Market:
- Monetise The Latest Youth & Student Trends – What’s Hot?! Delve into youth consumption behaviours and buying habits to ensure your brand isn’t missing the mark
- Social Media Engagement Done Right! Leverage on-trend insights and engaging content across social media platforms to demonstrably drive returns
- Revenue-Generating Digital Channel Strategies: Optimise your digital strategy and better target young people on the right channels at the right time
- Snapchat & Instagram: Exploit Innovative Tactics: Practical tips and hacks to cultivate an organic following without breaking the bank
- Inspiring, Exciting, On-Point Content? Craft insight-led content and messages which immediately engage and resonate with youth and students
- Create Attention-Grabbing Videos Which Cut Through: Maximise millennial engagement with high-profile, innovative video campaigns
- Drive Conversions With Targeted Advertising: Smarter approaches to paid adverts which generate shares, audience engagement and impressive returns
- Accurately Measure Engagement & Prove ROI: Demonstrate the impact of past campaigns to win over stakeholders and inform future strategy
- Boost Student Engagement & Higher Education Applications: Generate exciting content which attracts prospective applicants and engages current students
BRAND NEW VENUE: Bounce, the ultimate hipster hangout and the legendary home of ping pong.
Grab a coffee, pack your trainers and don’t miss out on a “friendly” game of ping pong! (Optional).
PLUS! This Engaging Youth Conference Also Features:
- 30 Top Youth & Student Brands Share Insights In One Inspiring Day
- 11 In-Depth Sessions Focused On Engaging Students & Driving Sales
- Hear Directly From Young People On Stage: Real Insights Into Their Consumption & Buying Habits
- NEW! Fun & Playful Networking Venue, Bounce Farringdon
- Choose Your Stream! A) Get To Grips With Engaging Students In Higher Education B) Hear How Brands Are Effectively Working With Influencers To Engage Young People
- Interactive Youth & Student Panels: Have Your Questions Answered By Our Panel Of Young People
- Sister Event Of The Sell-Out Engaging Kids & Marketing To Parents Conference
- 97% Average Delegate Satisfaction Rating (over 4 years)
- 83%+ Average Senior, Client-Side Audience (based on previous marcomms events)
- Practical Campaign Feedback: Hear What Young People Like & Dislike About Recent, High-Profile Marketing Campaigns (The Good, The Bad & The Ugly!)
- Twitter Tackle Youth Trends & The Power of Live Video
- 5 Facilitated Lunchtime Peer-To-Peer Discussions: A) Mobile Engagement B) Dark Social C) Social Media Storytelling D) Youth Needs & Behaviours E) Low-Cost Snapchat Strategies
- Optional Ping Pong Networking – Get Involved!
- Live Voting & Q&A
Exhibition, Speaking & One-To-One Meetings Opportunities Just Released! Secure your speaking package before 10th August and save £500. View the exhibition and partnership brochure here.
Book your exhibition stand and two delegate passes before 10th August for just £1,799 +VAT (SAVE £500). Click here to book a stand. Please note that we have a limited amount of exhibition stand space available and stands will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Engaging Youth Conference – Hot Trends & Insights: To view the full conference programme, click here.
08.30 Registration & Coffee, Objective Setting
09.00 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Will Worsdell, Controller of Marketing & Media, Digital Channels & On Demand, ITV
TRENDS & BEHAVIOURS PANEL
09.15 Get On Trend! Capitalise On The Latest Trends, Behaviours & Buying Habits Of The Youth Of Today To Ensure Your Brand & Messages Are Down With The Kids
Ben Goldhagen, Director – Sports Performance (Publishing), adidas UK
Anne-Lise Johnsen, Youth Marketing, Arsenal Football Club
Ruben Dehouck, VP Platform Strategy & Partnerships – International, Activision Publishing
Soraya Thompson, English Regional Digital Marketing Manager, Europe British Council
Peter Di-Toro, Head of Marketing & Communications, National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain
YOUNG PEOPLE RESPOND
09.40 Young People Respond! Student & Youth Q&A
Your chance to ask! Pose your questions and find out about the challenges and cultural factors which influence and shape the decision-making processes of young people and students today.
SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS
10.05 Get To Grips With Social Media Consumption Habits & Youth Perceptions Of Brands For Insight-Led Social Media Strategies
Charlotte Zelders, Senior Marketing Manager Media, Communications & CRM, PepsiCo Benelux
10.25 What’s The Best Way To Approach Instagram Now?
Capitalise on innovative engagement opportunities with Instagram Stories, paid advertising models and effective content and timing strategies.
Marcela Moreira, International Marketing Manager, Sony Music International
10.45 Informal Networking Break, Morning Refreshments & Youth & Student Feedback Clinics
Youth speak the truth! Ask young people one-on-one for their thoughts on your ideas, social media, website or marketing campaigns. Places strictly limited! First come, first served.
DIGITAL CHANNEL MIX
11.15 Target & Engage Young People On Their Digital Channels Of Choice To Build Brand Presence & Optimise Your Digital Strategy
11.15 Perspective One
Mastak Pal Kaur, Senior Product Manager, L’Oréal
11.30 Perspective Two
Lauren Smith, Social Media Manager, Cosmopolitan
11.45 Joint Q&A
EMERGING PLATFORMS PANEL – NEW OPPORTUNITIES
11.50 Updates On Developments & New Features On Established Social Platforms
Lillian Betty, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Time Inc. UK
Hannah Fillis, Head of Social & Daily Content, MATCHES FASHION.COM
Michael Thomas, UK Sales Director, Twitch
Jack Parsons, Chief Executive Officer, Yourfeed
Thomas Moreau, Global Brand Manager, Square Enix (Western Video Games)
Adam Palczewski, Global Senior Manager eCommerce & Media, Philips
12.15 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner
PING PONG NETWORKING BREAKS
12.35 Lunch & Informal Networking For Delegates, Partners & Speakers
13.05 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions
A) Mobile Engagement
Maria Bobrowska, Senior European Mobile Commercial Manager, TUI Group
B) Dark Social
Ben Goldhagen, Director – Sports Performance (Publishing), adidas UK
C) Social Media Storytelling
Jon Ware, Digital Content Lead, Anthony Nolan
D) Youth Needs & Behaviours
An Nguyen, Senior Planner Youth, BBC
E) Low-Cost Snapchat Strategies
13.35 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Jason Bevan, Vice President, European Publicity, Warner Bros. Pictures International
CHOOSE YOUR STREAM!
A) HIGHER EDUCATION & UNIVERSITY ENGAGEMENT
13.50 Targeted, Facilitated, Networking Peer-To-Peer Discussions: What Can Education Providers Do To Better Engage Students Specifically?
1. BEING HUMAN ON SOCIAL: How do we create engaging content that relates to prospective students on an emotional level and balance cultivating a customer-centric, engaging tone of voice with gravitas as a university?
Sharliza Rahman, Head of Digital Marketing, Middlesex University
Rich Ward, Social Media Editor, Middlesex University
2) TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL: What can the higher education industry learn from the high street brands that are resonating with young people?
Emma Bridge, Associate Director (Marketing Communications), University of Bradford
3) UNIVERSITY SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE: What do students expect from their university?
4) BOOSTING H.E APPLICATIONS: Reflecting on the recent trends and shifting attitudes towards increased employability and sandwich years
13.50 Better Together! Build Successful, Collaborative Working Relationships With Influencers To Tap Into New Followers & Engagement Opportunities
Rob Scotland, Consumer Insights & Analytics Director, PANDORA
TWITTER CASE STUDY
14.10 Youth Trends, Twitter & The Power Of Live Video
Sophie Trinder, Senior Brand Strategist, Twitter
YOUNG PEOPLE RESPOND
14.30 Youth Practical Campaign Feedback
Putting campaigns to the test: hear our panel of young people and students break down exactly what they like and dislike about recent marketing campaigns (the good, the bad and the ugly!)
14.55 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner
15.15 Accurately Track & Report The Impact, Results & Success Of Your Marketing Campaigns To Prove ROI & Inform Future Strategy
Speaker To Be Announced; Please Check Website For Details
15.35 Informal Networking Break, Afternoon Refreshments & Youth & Student Feedback Clinics
CREATING ENGAGING CONTENT
16.05 Crafting Insight-Led Content & Messages Which Grab Attention For Continued Engagement, Increased Brand Awareness & Long-Term Loyalty
16.05 Perspective One
Stuart Rowson, Editor, Younger Audiences, BBC Sport
16.20 Perspective Two
Katy Philips, Marketing & Communications Manager, Camp America
Nicky Byrne, Assistant Marketing Manager, Camp America
16.35 Joint Q&A
TARGETING & ADVERTISING
16.40 Capitalise On Smarter, Targeted Paid Advertisements Which Cultivate Genuine Millennial Engagement & Drive Conversions
Tim Love, Senior Marketing Manager, PizzaExpress
17.00 Likes, Camera, Action! Get Maximum Cut-Through & Youth Engagement With High-Profile, Attention-Grabbing Video Campaigns
Josh Newman, Head of Production, Group Marketing, TUI Group
17.20 Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Please check the website regularly for updates and newly confirmed speakers. For more information on how to get involved in The Engaging Youth Conference – Hot Trends & Insights, please email email@example.com.